This Policy outlines the way in which we manage personal information. We are committed to supporting and comply with the 13 new harmonised privacy principles that regulate the handling of personal information by Australian and Norfolk Island Government agencies and some private sector organisations. These principles are called the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). They replace both the Information Privacy Principles (IPPs) that applied to Australian Government agencies and the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) that applied to some private sector organisations. They can be found on As part of that commitment we respect the privacy of our clients.
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The type of information we may collect and hold includes personal information about:
• clients, business associates and potential clients and their employees
• information about individuals we collect in the course of acting for clients
• employees, prospective employees and contractors, and
• other people who come into contact with a member of FastVisa Australia.
In general, the type of personal information we collect and hold includes names, addresses, contact details, occupation and other information which assist us in conducting our business and marketing our services. We may also collect 'sensitive information', such as information about an individual's membership of a professional association, criminal record or health information.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
We will generally collect personal information:
• from you directly when you provide your details to us;
• from you indirectly through emails, forms, face---to---face meetings, interviews, business cards and telephone conversations and through use of the services and facilities available through including receiving subscription applications, blogs and other social media outlets to which you contribute; and
We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of personal information. Our personnel are required to respect the confidentiality of personal information and the privacy of individuals. We take reasonable steps to protect personal information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records. Where we no longe require your personal information we will take reasonable steps to destroy it.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
In general, we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• to conduct our business
• to provide and market our services
• to communicate with you to provide or promote our services • to comply with our legal obligations
• to help us manage and enhance our services.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may seek access to and correction of the personal information which we hold about you by contacting our Managing Director on +61 (0)406 761 469 or . We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. If a fee is charged for providing access, you will be advised of the likely cost in advance.
How can you make a privacy related complaint?
If you have any questions about privacy---related issues or wish to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or the handling of your personal information by us, please contact our Managing Director on +61 (0)406 761 469 or . We may ask you to lodge your complaint in writing. Any complaint will be investigated by the Managing Director and you will be notified of the making of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as is practicable after it has been made, usually within 30days.
Are we likely to disclose your personal information overseas?
We may disclose your personal information to the following overseas recipients:
• members of the FastVisa Australia’s team required to work on your application;
• DoHA, tribunals and regulatory authorities;
• anyone else to whom you authorise usto disclose it; and
• anyone else where authorised by law.
Updates to this Policy
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. The most current version of this Policy is located at Australia.com.au or Australia.com and can be obtained by contacting the FastVisa Australia’s ManagingDirector.